So I'm sitting here on my bed listening to a little Michael Bublé on this rainy Korean evening. It's soothing. Quite appropriate after a long day of work.
Today consisted of more adult and junior training. I enjoy the training, because more than just seeing the trainers model it for us, or watching videos, WE as a class have to model our teaching for each other. There is a lot of repetition to the practice but it's for the best. It allows us to evaluate each other and work out the kinks. We are a very easygoing and rambunctious bunch, which makes the whole process easier. The training room and cafeteria were full of laughter today! Ya'll know I love to laugh so it suits me perfectly =)
The current teachers here, the main institute in Seoul, have been very hospitable and helpful. They are quick to answer any questions or give advice on how to do things. I have done my best to deliberately interact with them and pick their brains as much as possible. I'm trying to learn as much as I can even though I understand that the experiences of each teacher vary. However, the way I see it is, the more I learn, the better off I will be.
Now for the reason of the title. I've been here in Korea for what, a week? Yeah...and guess what?! I'm already sick!! Yeah. I started feeling that infamous little tickle in my throat Sunday night, and I was like "oh boy!" It took a little longer than I was expecting, but the positive is that I can go through this now before teaching and greater responsibility begins. I've been consuming my vitamin C twice a day, and have recently started taking my multivitamin, so we'll see how it all pans out. All I can say is to continue to pray for me. Lord knows I'll need it!
Until the next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment