Yes, I have finally started my teaching! It has been an interesting two days. My first class is a Level 2 Adult English class that begins at 7:00 AM. I have approximately 18 students. I was not expecting to have that many! They are a good bunch though. They were very nervous the first day, as was I, but they were definitely talking more by day two. I have a religion class scheduled for 8 AM that I don't begin teaching until next Thursday. My next two Level 2 classes are at 10 and 11 AM and they are considerably smaller. Less than 7 students in each. I have Yes I Can (YIC) 1 and 6 in the afternoon. Yes I Can consists of junior students anywhere from ages 6-9 I think? I'm not all that sure...
Anyway, my stomach has been in knots the first few days. I haven't had much of an appetite due to nervousness. I am no longer sick so I will blame it on the nervousness lol. My co-teachers have been really accommodating and have been showing me tips and telling me new ways of doing things. Our building is really nice. We are located on the 3rd and 4th floor of a downtown building. I really feel like a BIG TIME teacher because I have my OWN classroom. Yeah, true story! It gives me a sense of ownership and I definitely like that. Well, time for me to go prepare for class but I will write more later about my duties and my housing arrangement.
prayers are being answered left and right....
ReplyDelete