Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Insadong and a bunch of randomness

Wow!  Has it really been a week since my last post?  Time just seems to fly by here.  Also, I've been extremely busy and I haven't even had time to think about my blog, yet here I am =)

My last few days have been quite normal.  Over the weekend, I went to Insa-dong with two of my 7 AM students.  Insa-dong is a part of Seoul that houses the traditional shops, foods, people, etc...We had a great time together.  They met me at the institute so that I would have no problems getting to our destination.  I have to say it was quite nice of them.  Anyway, we got there and walk around for a bit.  Then we ate at a traditional Korean restaurant, and I enjoyed some authentic pimbimbap.  It is rice, vegetables, raw egg, and meat.  I obviously got mine without meat.  In Korean you say cogi ppego which means no meat.  It is brought to the table in a scorching hot bowl and the patron is suppose to stir it all together.  The bowl is so hot that it actually cooks the egg!  It was quite delicious and I was satisfied.  They were great company and asked a host of good questions about my family, America, me, movie stars, and just general things about English.  After dinner, we went to a little cafe for tea and treats made out of rice.  Overall, the whole experience was a pleasant one and I'm glad I went out with them.

On another note, my last few days have consisted with me trying to keep up with all the sports going on back home.  I quickly just want to give a shout out to the Huskies, Seahawks, and Storm!!  They all had a good weekend and I supremely enjoyed watching the Huskies romp Syracuse =)  Just made my Sunday.

So last week I had a Korean kid call me an interesting name...he called me Chocolate Teacher.  I think he likes pointing out that I'm a different color because he has been calling me that more frequently and even as recently as this afternoon haha...he's an interesting character so I let him slide.  

I'm starting to get frustrated and angry!  I have the most difficult time staying asleep and I haven't felt rested in weeks.  I go to sleep tired and wake up tired.  It's a vicious cycle.  I feel like a could simply fall asleep at any point during my day.  It's somewhat discouraging because I'm just so exhausted...so please pray for me.  I have my first vespers sermon this Friday night too so I'm trying to muster up the energy to finish that on top of what I'm already doing.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment